Extra Credit Bundle
An account just for teachers and school employees.
Teachers play a significant role in everyone’s lives, they support, challenge, they mentor, motivate and nourish student development. As educators, they often put their student’s needs before their own and celebrate the accomplishments and milestones of their students. To show our appreciation Family First Federal Credit Union is proud to offer an Extra Credit Bundle of financial tools designed with the unique financial needs of educators in mind!
Extra Credit Savings Account
Educators are able to transfer funds from each payroll deposit throughout the school year into this specially designed account. These funds will then be available during the summer months when educators are not working. Here are some of the benefits of this account.
- Earn a premium dividend rate of 1.00% APY** on up to $10,000
- Customize your savings allotment based on your needs
- These funds will automatically be deposited into your checking account at the end of the school year for your use during the summer
- The account automatically renews with your first paycheck at the start of the school year
*To be eligible for this account, you must have direct deposit from your paycheck
Extra Credit Loan
This loan is designed to provide a low-cost option that can be paid back in a short period of time.
- Loan amount up to $7,500
- The rate will be as low as our current personal loan rate minus 0.75% APR***
- Short repayment term of 24 months
- Automatic payments must be set up on this loan and a member can only have one open at a time
Extra Credit VISA Cards
At Family First Federal Credit Union offers two credit card levels – Our Platinum and Classic. Both provide low rates for you to use whether you are shopping around the corner or around the world! Our Platinum card also proudly offers Rewards! points that you can use towards travel rebates, gift cards, and cash. Have your credit card work as hard as you do in the classroom with either of these options.
- Free Design It! Card for their debit or credit cards (allows you to customize the image on your card).
- 0.0% interest for 6 months on purchases and balance transfers when you open a new VISA Platinum card.*
Pinnacle Checking Account
This checking account pays 1.00% on up to $10,000 if you meet the easy and fast qualifications. Apply today!
- 0.0% APY on balances up to $10,000**; VISA Debit card with a cash reward program
- All Family First ATM and ATM Network Transactions are FREE
- Access to nearly 30,000 fee-free ATMs and 5,000 branches with our Credit Union partnership
- Free e-statements, online banking, online bill pay, and online check copies
- Free Mobile Banking app with Mobile Check Deposit
- No minimum balance or monthly fee
Extra Credit Coupons
In addition to the extensive benefits of any of these programs. We will also provide a packet of redeemable coupons when an educator opens up their account that may include the following:
- 0.25% APY increase on a CD they open with Family First
- 0.25% APR discount on any auto loan they open up with Family First (must be opened at Family First, not at a dealership)
- Skip-a-Pay – Qualified members can skip a payment on their loan (certain exclusions apply). Have one less bill to worry about!
*Restrictions apply. 0.25% APY increase on CD is not valid on CD Specials. Speak to a Family First employee for details. **APY= Annual Percentage Yield and is accurate as of 6/1/2014 and subject to change. The APY on balances of $10,000.01 and above is .10%. Rates may change after account is opened. Requirements to earn interest on High Yield Checking include 12 signature-based debit card transactions (excluding POS and ATM transactions) or direct deposit of at least $250 each month (excludes transfers to/from Family First shares or loans), and e-statement with a valid email address. If the requirements are not met, the rate will be 0.00% (APY) on the entire balance for the month. Requirements are calculated for each calendar month. Fees may reduce earnings on the account. Dividends are compounded daily and credited monthly. ***APR is Annual Percentage Rate.