This bundle of products is designed with the unique financial needs of educators in mind!
Extra Credit Savings Account
Educators will be able to transfer funds from each payroll deposit during the school year into this account. These funds will then be available during the summer months.
- Earn a premium dividend rate of 2.00% APY on up to $10,000
- Customize your savings allotment based on your needs
- These funds will automatically be deposited into your checking account at the end of the school year for your use during the summer
- The account automatically renews with your first paycheck at the start of the school year
- To be eligible for this account, you must have direct deposit from your paycheck
Extra Credit Loan
This loan is designed to provide a low cost option that can be paid back in a short period of time.
- Loan amount up to $7,500
- Rate will be as low as our current personal loan rate minus 0.75% (Currently 6.65% for A+ members)
- Short repayment term of 24 months
- Automatic payments must be set up on this loan and a member can only have one open at a time
Extra Credit VISA Cards
We offer two credit card levels - Platinum and Classic. Both provide low rates for you to use whether you are shopping around the corner or around the world. Our Platinum card also offers Rewards! points that you can use towards travel rebates, gift cards and cash.
Pinnacle Checking Account
This checking account pays 2.00% on up to $10,000 if you meet the easy qualifications.
- 2.00% APY on balances up to $10,000**; VISA Debit card with a cash reward program
- All Family First ATM and ATM Network Transactions are FREE
- Access to nearly 30,000 fee-free ATMS and 5,000 branches with our Credit Union partnership
- Free e-statements, online banking, online bill pay, and online check copies
- Free Mobile Banking app with Mobile Check Deposit
- No minimum balance or monthly fee
Extra Credit Grant
Educators are increasingly asked to do more with fewer resources. We want to provide financial assistance to our educators and our students through the Family First Extra Credit Grant.
This program will award numerous $100 grants to K-12 teachers in our communities and may be applied to equipment, materials, field trips etc., that may not be provided or available from the school or school district. In order to qualify for an Extra Credit Grant you must be an educator at a public, private, or parochial school in Monroe County and be a Family First member in good standing. Educators must complete an application and submit prior to established deadlines.
Extra Credit Coupons
*Restrictions apply. Speak to a Family First employee for details. **APY= Annual Percentage Yield and is accurate as of 6/1/2014 and subject to change. The APY on balances of $10,000.01 and above is .10%. Rates may change after account is opened. Requirements to earn interest on High Yield Checking include 12 signature based debit card transactions (excluding POS and ATM transactions) or direct deposit of at least $250 each month (excludes transfers to/from Family First shares or loans), and e-statement with a valid email address. If the requirements are not met, the rate will be 0.00% (APY) on entire balance for the month. Requirements are calculated for each calendar month. Fees may reduce earnings on account. Dividends are compounded daily and credited monthly.
We will provide a packet of redeemable coupons when an educator opens up their account that may include the following: