Is Financial Counseling Right for You?
There are plenty of reasons you may want to consider meeting with a counselor. Maybe you’ve recently experienced a life-changing event, such as having a baby, or a divorce. Maybe your income has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Everyone can benefit from this free service, regardless of their financial situation.
With certified financial counselors in every branch, we’re prepared to help you meet your financial goals. To get started, call or text us at 585.586.8225 to schedule an appointment today, or leave your contact information below with a brief message – one of our counselors will be in touch with you shortly!
Get Started on Your Financial Journey Today!
Meet Our Team!
Not sure if financial counseling is right for you? Ask yourself these questions – if you answer “Yes” to the majority of these questions you may benefit from financial counseling.
- Have you bounced a check more than once in the last 12 months?
- Do you have difficulty keeping your checking account register up-to-date?
- Do you know how much you owe to all your creditors at any given time?
- Have you been denied credit?
- Excluding loans for your home and car, have you borrowed money from multiple sources in the last 12 months?
- Is it difficult to pay your bills each month?
- Do you regularly pay bills after the “due date”?
- Has it been more than six months since you made a deposit to your savings?
- Do you dread sitting down to review your finances?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating at work because of financial problems?
- Have you delayed receiving health or dental care because of the number of unpaid debts you already have?
- Do you have difficulty sleeping because of worries over finances?
- Have you used a payday lender?
- Do you use “courtesy pay” programs to cover checking account shortfalls on a regular basis (once a month, for example)?
- Do you regularly borrow money from family and friends to cover your monthly bills?
- Do you gamble or play the lottery in hopes of earning money to repay debts?
- Have you received calls from creditors or collection agencies in the past six months?
- Do you struggle to make minimum payments on your credit cards?
Your Credit Score
It’s important to keep track of your credit score to make sure it’s being reported properly. Here are websites you can go to check your credit.
Annual Credit Report Request Service: PO Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281 Phone: 877.322.8228 Website: www.annualcreditreport.com
Experian: PO Box 2104, Allen, TX 75013-2104 Order your report: 888.397.3742 Report fraud: 888.397.3742 Website: www.experian.com
TransUnion: PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19022 Order your report: 800.888.4213 Report fraud: 800.680.7289 Website: www.transunion.com
Equifax: PO Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374 Order your report: 800.685.1111 Report fraud: 888.766.0008 Website: www.equifax.com