Veterans Affairs Home Loans
VA loans are guaranteed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and are available to military veterans and active duty military (or their surviving spouse). VA loans can help eligible veterans to purchase or refinance a home with zero down payment! Additional flexibilities within this product can make it one of the best choices for you. There are many resources available for exploring this option. A great place to start is right here: US Department of Veterans Affairs – Home Loans.
- Eligibility requires 90 days of active duty days during wartime, or 181 or more continuous days during peacetime. The VA also provides further details about your eligibility.
- Available in 15 or 30 year fixed terms for both new purchases and refinances.
- Available for owner-occupied properties including some condominiums and townhomes located in New York.
- Purchase with zero money down and no monthly mortgage insurance requirement.
- Looking to apply for your VA Certificate of Eligibility? You can start the process by locating your DD-214 and then contact our Mortgage Team.
- Family First does not currently service VA loans in which it arranges for.
VA loans often require an upfront VA Funding Fee but no monthly fee. The amount of the VA Funding Fee premium may be financed into your new loan amount. If you are uncertain if your Veteran status would allow a waiver of the Funding fee, you can call us.